Things happening as of late:
Last week John and I went up the BYU bell tower since our home teacher is the organist that plays on Tuesdays after devotionals. It took us awhile to climb the 100-step, spiral staircase to the top. It was fun to see how the organ is attached to the bells and we watched our home teacher play a few songs.
The view from inside the tower.

You can see the pegs that he has to pound with his fists in order to rings the bells.

Some of the bells are too heavy and large to pound the pegs with his fist, so instead there are pegs at his feet that he presses on to sound the larger bells.

Other exciting things: I am officially 26 weeks pregnant! Only 14 weeks to go! I also started substitute teaching last week and have come home every day feeling productive yet exhausted. Today I substituted for a half day which was the perfect amount of time in my opinion. General Conference was this past weekend and we had Cory, Christian, Ashley, and Spencer over to watch as well as eat dinner. It was fun to spend time with them, watch conference, and play speed scrabble (which is one of my new favorite games-for some reason I love any game that has to do with words...scramble, boggle, etc.).
October has just started and it's already been a fun month! Can't wait for the rest of the month!
Don't forget the hours we would spend playing text twist in our room instead of doing homework ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome your home teacher does that! Mine's a cop, so......
ReplyDelete