We went to Lake Shasta last week for a few days with my immediate and extended family. It was really fun to spend time with my siblings as well as some of my cousins that I don't get to see too often. This was Jacob's first time on a lake and I think it was a success!
Jacob loved throwing rocks into the lake!
Since we were on a house boat with lots of people going in and out, the only hope for a nap during the day was on the speed boat. He wasn't too fond of the life jacket at first, but quickly realized he had to wear it.
My sister, Ash, got him to sleep on the boat one day.
Happy after his nap!
Michael on the wake surf. This is my favorite thing to do behind the boat!
Hiking the "River Run" is a tradition. You hike up the river and at the top of the hike there is a small pool and natural rock water slide. It's pretty fun to climb up and go down the slide. I believe this the best kind of hike because even though it's 106 degrees outside you stay cool while doing it!
James and Jacob in their matching swimsuits! Sarah and I bought them together a few months ago and we finally got a picture of the boys wearing them together.
And you can't beat the late evening boat runs!
The trip was short, but it was really fun! I'm so glad we went and were able to hang out with my family:)
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last few weeks. It's been hot here (102, 104, 106) which I actually enjoy. Here's Jacob at a stake event drinking water. And don't worry, that's not sweat...we just poured water all over him to keep him cool :)
Gotta love that hair!
These two were holding hands at a ward party for awhile. They were too cute!
I've been seeing this face a lot lately. It's a new one. He's obviously not very happy and he'll make this face at people he doesn't know when they say something to him. Confession: I think it's pretty cute but I would never let him know that ;)
He loves trains and especially loves when we get to ride on one.
The schools in our town started yesterday and I'm happy I'm not personally affected by this yet. I love this stage of life and in my book, summer is still going strong!



Cute pictures! Thanks again for letting us come with you guys. It was so fun!
ReplyDelete