The Shafers

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Past few months!

I haven't blogged in months...but here's a little catch-up of some stuff that has happened since September. 

We went to Lake Tahoe with John's family. It was so much fun and Jacob loved playing with his cousins 24/7. I had actually never been to Lake Tahoe (driven past it a million times), but every time my family has gone I was at BYU and unable to go. It's gorgeous!

Look at the blue water!


Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe

 Grandma Shafer with the boys and thanks to John's parents for setting up a fun trip!

We moved in September too! It was a crazy month. Here's Jacob helping to take stuff down the stairs to the car. He's actually a really good helper! He helps me with everything :)


Picking pumpkins at a pumpkin patch and dressing Jacob as a pirate. I was surprised he liked this costume so much...he thought the hat was the coolest thing ever. Mostly I picked this costume because it was in the first and only halloween store I went in :) It wasn't too baby-ish or too scary. So it worked for me, and luckily he loved it!

Trunk or treat. He learned how to say "Trick-or-Treat" quickly, but he had just as much fun handing out candy.

Halloween night we trick or treated at a few houses on our street and then came home to see what he got. I think the only candy he ate out of that pile were the m&m's (his favorite candy) and the pretzels. We still have a bag full of halloween candy in our pantry...I'm loosing my love for chocolate I guess ;)


October brought on some challenges as well. It wasn't an easy month especially with a toddler who suddenly decided one day he had had enough naps and was over them. I knew he wasn't ready to give them up for good though because he would be exhausted and crazy the rest of the day if he didn't have one. The main struggle was that he would try to climb out of his big crib and he was about to fall or he would completely climb out of his porta crib. For a whole week nap time was a fight and it often ended up with me giving in:


He won and got to fall asleep on the couch to a movie. Long story short...I had to retrain him to take naps and luckily it worked.


 Jacob has discovered his love for tools. Just like his dad. Enough said!

Getting his first haircut from my sister, which basically consisted of trimming off his curls.

Thanksgiving time brought a lot of fun as we stayed at my sister's house for a few days and parents' house for a couple weeks. He loved playing with his cousins.

We went to a few of Michael's basketball games!

We also went to a Lucy's (my adorable new niece) baby blessing and spent the day at Ben and Jenny's house.  


Checking out a train expo. He loved seeing all the trains.




He had so much fun at Grandma Cole's house that sometimes he just didn't want to go to bed. Who would want to miss out on all the fun?! Below he had climbed out of the porta crib and again had fallen asleep on the floor since he didn't know how to turn my mom's door knobs and get out.

December has been filled with getting our tree and putting up lights, play group dates, Christmas parties, and listening to Christmas music. I love December! And I love hearing Jacob say Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas ("Ho Ho mer mismas"), "Baby Jesus," and "Santa baby" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment